Your way to study at UTN
We are happy that you decided to study at UTN. Below please find important information regarding your application with an international degree!
The application process to study at UTN consists of four steps:
1. Check if you meet all the requirements for our Artificial Intelligence and Robotics master’s degree program.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related fields such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Sciences. Applicants need to provide evidence of knowledge in the following fields:
- Computer Science, Programming, Algorithms and Data Structures along with one of the following subjects: Theoretical Computer Science, Computer Architecture, Computer Networks or Software Engineering (at least 24 ECTS or equivalent).
- Mathematical references in analysis and linear algebra (at least 18 ECTS or equivalent).
- Proficiency in English: TOEFL internet based min. 90 Points, TOEFL Paper min. 577 Points, IELTS min. 6,5, Cambridge Language Assessment C1 Advanced.
- A special aptitude and willingness to perform are required for this Master’s degree program. Evidence can be demonstrated, for instance, through professional training relevant to the program, internships, international experiences, or additional subject-specific education beyond the required courses and attendance in the Bachelor’s degree program.
- Successful participation in the aptitude testing procedure
Register with UTNexus and start application to UTN. You have the possibility to submit documents during application phase. You will find the deadlines in UTNexus.
Which documents are necessary for the application at UTNexus?
We need the following documents from you as an upload:
1. Please upload all documents in good quality. We can only evaluate what we can read! Copies or digitally created documents are sufficient for the application. Originals can be presented at the end of the enrollment process.
2. Please note that only completely submitted documents can be reviewed. If all necessary documents are not uploaded, you will receive feedback from UTNexus. If the application is not complete by the application deadline, it cannot be considered in the selection process.
3. Please do not send application documents by regular mail or email. Such an application cannot be processed.
4. Please read the requirements and FAQ carefully before starting with your application.
3. You have an international degree? Then register additionally with our partner institute uni-assist e.V.
The registration is done via our partner uni-assist e.V. The work and service center for international student applications uni-assist verifies all international applications for study for UTN.
Who has to register with uni-assist e.V.?
Which degree is considered an international degree?
International means: all degrees not obtained in Germany (this also applies to EU, EEA or Switzerland)
Your documents are not available in English or German?
For admission, merge the original and the translation into one PDF file and upload the merged PDF file to the online application.
Does the application to uni-assist e.V. incur any costs?
You will find details regarding payment and costs at uni-assist e.V.
Do I need a visa?
Which documents are required for an application with uni-assist?
You have to upload following documents at uni-assist:
Step-by-step guide to Your Application with a Non-German University Degree
1. Registration with uni-assist e.V. and activation of your account
2. Enter Personal Data and Contact Information
4. Enter Education History
5. Select University and Study Program
Semester: Wintersemester 2023/2024
University: Technische Universität Nürnberg
Federal State: Bavaria
Type of Degree: Master
(Partial) Courses of Study: Courses of Study
uni-assist responsible: Yes
Online-only application: Yes
You will then be shown the corresponding degree program and can view further details and select it. When selecting the semester, please choose “1st semester – Admission type: No admission restrictions (NC-frei)”.
6. Selection List and Mandatory Questions
7. Upload Documents
8. Payment of the Processing Fee
9. Submission of the Application
1. The application for the preliminary review documentation with uni-assist alone does not count as application for a degree program at UTN. The application via UTNexus is mandatory and has to be completed during application period.
2. The application is complete when all required documents have been uploaded with uni-assist and the handling fees have been paid to uni-assist. The documents and payment must reach uni-assist before the application deadline (May 31, 2023) – otherwise you will not be able to apply to UTN!
3. Uni-assist will inform you whether you will have to submit other documents. If your documents are not available in German or English, you will need to submit a translation. Please contact uni-assist directly with regard to translations required.
We check whether you meet the basic formal requirements for studying at UTN. Formal requirements include f. e. complete documentation, recognition of your degrees and language certificates. If documentation is complete, the selection committee will take over.
The review process has two steps:
- Our selection committee evaluates your documents in three different areas: your technical / professional qualification, your explanatory letter and your final grade. Points are awarded for each area with three graduations:
90 or more out of 100 points are achieved: direct admission to your degree program.
Between 70 and 89 points were achieved: invitation to the selection interview.
69 or less points were achieved: application is rejected and admission is not granted.
- If you achieve between 70 and 89 points you will be invited to the selection interview. The invitation will come by email via UTNexus. Please confirm your participation within 5 days. Normally the interview will be online and in English. The interview will last approx. 10 minutes and serves to determine your personal suitability for the degree program. In particular, your conversational behavior will be evaluated with regard to your manner of expression, your approach to discussing problems, and the coherence of your argumentation. The selection interview is rated as “suitable” or “not suitable”.
1. Please confirm your place to study by at least 2 weeks before the end of the enrollment period by clicking on the button “Accept place of study” in your account! The enrollment period ends with the start of the semester.
2. If the review of your application is positive, you will receive an e-mail via UTNexus. At the same time, you will be granted access to your admission or rejection letter, which you can download via UTNexus.