The UTN is currently governed by two central bodies: the Founding Executive Board and the Founding Steering Board, as laid down in the Gesetz zur Errichtung der Technischen Universität Nürnberg. The Founding Executive Board is responsible for developing and conducting a sustainable overall strategy for the university and is supported by the Founding Steering Board. This lean governance structure constitutes a prime foundation for establishing the UTN by means of swift decision-making and efficient consultation processes.
Senior leadership is represented in the Founding Executive Board, which consists of
- Founding President Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Hans Jürgen Prömel,
- Founding Vice President for Academic and International Affairs Prof. Dr. Isa Jahnke,
- Founding Vice President for Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Prof. Dr. Alexander Martin
- and Kanzler Dr. Markus Zanner.
- the Founding Chair of the Department Engineering, Prof. Dr. Wolfram Burgard,
- the Founding Chair of the Department Liberal Arts and Sciences, Prof. Dr. Gyburg Uhlmann,
- the Women’s Representative,
- the Research Assistant Representatives Dr. Michael Krawez und Reihaneh Mirjalili,
- the Student Representatives, Isabella Hennessen and Henry Mörtl,
- the Non-Academic Staff Representative Ali Özbay
- and four external members from science, society and industry (to be announced soon)
the Founding Executive Board builds the Founding Steering Board.
During the development phase of the UTN the Founding Steering Board acts as a central decision-making and supervisory body and is responsible for a wide array of matters such as research and innovation, support of early career researchers and academic affairs.
For further questions please contact Team Boards, Networks and Controlling.
Following units report to the Founding Executive Board:
- UTN School of Students and Young Researchers (StaRs)
- Strategy and Structure
- Finance and Human Resources
- Real Estate