You have been admitted to the program and now want to enroll? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Upon successful admission to the degree program and your binding acceptance via UTNexus you can start with the enrollment!

Enrollment process

The enrollment application will be made available for download in UTNexus after your acceptance of the place to study. It has to be signed and, together with all necessary documents, be presented  to Student Service on site in person. You will find a checklist of the necessary documents below. Please keep in mind that the semester fee has to be transmitted and a confirmation of your health insurance status has to be received before submitting the enrollment application.

Checklist – these are the documents you need for enrollment:

Enrollment application (download via UTNexus)
ID, passport, visa or stay permit incl. one copy each
University entrance qualification (f.e. Higher School Certificate, Bachelor certificate)
Original transcripts of records / overview of courses and diploma supplement / curriculum / module overview
Proof of payment of the semester fee (f.e. transfer voucher or account statement)
Information about health insurance status (digitally via the statutory health insurances)
for minors: signed form “consent of legal guardian(s)”

Upon successful review of your documents you will receive your student ID and further information regarding the start of your degree program.
As a general rule, all documents/ report cards/ certificates submitted for enrollment application have to be available in original. You will, of course, get the originals back. You can present the originals upon arrival in Nuremberg.

Transfer semester fee

The semester fee must be received by UTN before submitting the enrollment application. Further details regarding payment options will soon be made available here.

The semester fee is 67,00 €.

Health insurance

In Germany, all students are required to have health insurance. You cannot be enrolled without health insurance.

Before submitting the enrollment application the health insurance company has to transmit the insurance status digitally. You have to apply for this transfer with your health insurance company directly. You can  submit your enrollment documents at the same time, however it will not be processed before the confirmation of your insurance status.

Private health insurance

Do you have private health insurance? You still have to apply for transfer of your insurance status with a statutory health insurance company of your choice. In order to do so, you have to send your proof of private health insurance to a statutory health insurance company.

Foreign health insurance

EU or country with social security agreement: Present your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) or PEB (provisional replacement for EHIC) to a German statutory health insurance. Then the transfer of the insurance status will be carried out.

Non-EU country or country without social security agreement. The statutory health insurances can verify and possibly accept your foreign insurance. In case the insurance can not be accepted, you must also get insured by a German, statutory health insurance company.

You will find a list of the statutory health insurance companies on the website krankenkassen.de.